Delray Beach Housing Authority
250 Rental Units / 250 Townhomes
The Village at Delray HOPE VI Revitalization initiative will transform the obsolete, hurricane damaged, and soon-to-be demolished Carver Estates Public Housing site in Delray Beach, Florida. The $20 Million HOPE VI funding infusion will leverage over $100 million in physical improvements, nearly $17 million in Community and Supportive Services and collateral investments of $90 Million to create a beautiful, well-connected community with a wide range of housing options to meet the needs of current residents, while attracting new young professionals, families, and seniors to settle in the area.
The Village at Delray HOPE VI Revitalization will provide:
- 264 rental units, of which 212 units will be set aside for families earning less than the area median income and the remaining 52 units will be market rate units.
- 326 homeownership units, of which 67 will be subsidized with HOPE VI funds for 1st time homebuyers, 53 workforce housing units for buyers with incomes ranging from 60% to 80% of area median income and the remaining 206 units sold to buyers at market rate prices.
- Two (2) Clubhouses, a 4,500 sq. ft. Day Care/After School Service Area and a Commercial node for Neighborhood serving businesses.
- An aggressive Economic Sustainability Program designed to educate, mentor, and leverage the capabilities of residents, businesses and MWBE firms to maximize economic opportunities.
- A Comprehensive Social Sustainability Program designed to create a sense of community that is creative and knowledge-based, leveraging a 25+ member diverse and integrated network partnership of community and supportive services, designed to support the well being of the residents of the neighborhood.
Sensitive Cultural and Historical Sustainability that embraces the environment, history, and culture of the residents through Traditional Neighborhood Design, attractive landscaping, parks and green spaces, Florida/Caribbean (“Floribbean”) Architectural Design, and representative Signage.
- A Trolley-stop/Bus-stop connection to provide trolley transportation from the site to the Florida Tri-Rail station, the downtown area and the beach .